Thursday, April 17, 2014

Shark Attack

L


Ah, playoff hockey. There's nothing quite like it, especially when your team tears it up. For the first two periods of tonight's game, the Sharks absolutely killed it. I listened to the majority of the first period on the radio and I swear, you could hear the Sharks winning battles. Dan Rusanowsky's excitement helped, but I could literally visualize them getting to loose pucks first. Before seeing even one moment of the game, I knew tonight would be a good night.

When they got the early lead, I was happy. When they scored the second goal, I was thrilled. That third goal, however, had me a little worried. I didn't want the Sharks to ease off the gas, to take the proverbial boot off LA's throat. Well, they didn't. The onslaught during the second period is what won the game for San Jose. The Sharks attacked with ferocity in the offensive zone, aggresively fore checking and winning the small battles. Not to mention the hits, ohhh the hits. The boys broke out the lumber tonight, tying their season high for hits in a game (I think). Those two second period goals proved to be pivotal, as the Sharks looked flat in the third. Those goals kept the game from becoming too much of a nail biter towards the end.

The LA pushback was to be expected though, it's just lame the sharkies couldn't keep the pressure up for three full periods. 45 minute efforts will not take you far in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Anyway, that third period sets up the Easter Sunday game nicely. I'm actually going to that game, so the Sharks better not piss me off and ruin Easter by losing. But in all seriousness, the Kings have fantastic talent and fantastic coaching, they will obviously look to regain some momentum and tie the series up. More hard hits and scuffles in front of the net to come. I can't wait for the rest of this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment